Friday, April 25, 2008

37 Weeks and Counting

37 weeks is a milestone. It means Ezra can come at any time. He is welcome to make his appearance safely...I found out that I was dealing with a kidney stone a for a few weeks there. That wasn't any fun. It's better than a bladder or kidney infection because it won't necessarily put one in premature labor..........I think the worse is over. I don't know if I will drink lemon water ever again. Really strong lemon water is helpful for breaking up stones. It was icky and gave me horrible heartburn!!!

So we are preparing for birth at home again. Getting our room all ready, mostly just trying to keep it clean. The boys love to play in there because it hasn't been consistently sunny......so our room/studio doubles as a recreation space. We had to stop the roller blading and skateboarding in there because it's impossible to be careful and perform extreme sports on VCT tile that is only 29 cents a square foot.

I hope to post a photo to go with this blog. I took some but didn't like how they turned out.
After Ezra is born I may post some of his 4D Ultrasound pictures for the curious. I have been sort of a freak about sharing them. They seem really sacred because they are actual pictures of him in the womb.

So, we're all good here. The boys are totally excited for their brother to arrive. I think they really understand that I have a human on board. I am getting more sleepy as the days progress but my mind is acclimating to the fact that labor is near. Baby is coming!!! God has been encouraging me that I know how to go through the birth process. It is such a short affliction for >who< you get in return.....a new son. Sterling's birth was sort of like getting hit by a mac truck, so I am praying for a sub-compact this time.

Ok, time to do school with the boys and eat a little something.

Look for photos in a bit.

Here are 4 photos of the food from the shower my mom threw for Ezra and me on 19 April 08
A beautiful carrot cake....so prettyGrubbin' foodPretty flower arrangements...
These cookies were SCRUMPTIOUS!!

shan