Saturday, May 17, 2008

40 Weeks + 3 Days

Ok, so it's is flippin' hot here right now. I'm getting ready for bed and a fan blowing on me all night. We decided to get out of the house this afternoon and head to the river. The river is extremely high right now from the snow melting rapidly.....so we had to redirect to Flowing Lake. The river was also GLACIAL temperatures....it was bizarre to be so hot and then have your feet freeze off in the water. Eli braved the water with his daddy up to his knees. The other boys got their toes wet and balanced on rocks. The water was rising while we were there.

Flowing Lake was relaxing. My mom and I knitted while the boys floated. I think barring an appearance of Ezra, we'll return there tomorrow for some food and more floating. The water is nice and clean and the swimming area is shallow. They even allow dogs there with leashes and proper owner clean up of doggie messes. Pug had fun, but he needs a towel to lay on next time. He is a fickle lap dog. No laying on rocks or sand for him.

So, I feel like the baby is getting ready to be born. We'll see. I have gone in to labor 10 days early, 12 days late, and 2 days late with our prior pregnancies. It's up in the air at this point. I am glad to not have a OBGYN breathing down my neck at this point. I can't imagine I'll make it to my appointment on Wednesday. If I do end up going much over due, I will just assume my due date was off by a couple weeks. I pray for sanity to just be patient and not anxious.

Stay tuned for more photos and maybe even a picture of us soon with our little Ezra. I hope to see him very soon.

If you're in Washington and experiencing this heat wave, stay cool, and know our cooler maybe even rainy weather shall return inevitably. My weather forcast on Firefox says 71 tomorrow and then Monday will be 67.

Much love....
shan
Here's my big boys @ Flowing Lake, we went back the lake Sunday afternoon. We were much more prepared today. We went to Fred Meyers and got floaties and water squirters...picnic food. The boys had a terrific time. I love how much they love the water.Pudge @ the river yesterday. He is so photogenic.....handsome pug. He hates water though, some day I will get him all the way in a natural water source. When we went to the ocean this summer, he did end up eventually walking in the very shallow tide.
I finished Ezra's quilt. Kevin had to hold it up for me because I couldn't get a good, straight shot of it on the floor. I think Kevin is hilarious. He gave the quilt eyes and legs. He makes me laugh.......... The black and white floral print below is the quilt's back. I bought this fabric at IKEA, it was a really great price, too...I made a matching changing pad to match the quilt. It's crazy quilt style. It's not lopsided, but the camera distorted the image. I didn't take a picture of the back because it is black fleece, not too exciting of a picture.

And...last but not least, one last knit item for Ezra's layette. Baby leg warmers. Knit in a lovely dusty purple color....almost blue-ish purple. I can get you the pattern I created for them. It was pretty easy. I knit them at the same time on two circular needles. They are made out of Wool Ease yarn on size 3 needles. We'll see how they fit on his little legs. If he has chubby thighs then they won't fit him very long.