Monday, May 5, 2008

39 Weeks....Painting and NESTING!!!!!!

The mess is always worth the end project...HOLY COW I AM SO TIRED!!!


So here we are a week before our due date...the projects have been tiring. We got Ezra's wall and the hallway painted. Kevin put together the dresser and I started putting some stuff in it. That will be the big job today, sorting itty bitty baby clothes. Putting away diapers. Putting the bed together. I am so excited to be done working in our room. Feels like I did a months worth of work the last couple days. My hips are sore for it too. I am hoping to just sit and work on the baby's quilt this coming week. I will have earned some couch time. Tomorrow we have our 39 week midwife appointment. Kevin and I are getting a sitter now to go to the appointments. We had dinner together last week and got Ezra's bed, etc... He called me this morning and was like, "Do we have another midwife appointment tomorrow?" And I was like, "YES!" He was tripping that another week had already gone by. I told him, "That's why I am such a headcase!!!
Here's some photos from the week. Oh, Kevin rebuilt our loft stairs too. They are amazing. I can walk up them easily hugely pregnant. This will be so nice when the baby comes.

The finished wall and hall....I'll post pictures when everything is clean and tidy...
Our infamous loft. It's 72 square feet total. We have a queen sized bed, two side tables, side bed for kids, and Pudge's doggie bed.
Me, painting, 39 weeks along.
The old stairs. . .roughed in and functional. Hard to get up and down though during my pregnancy. The new lovely stairs Kevin built. They are very beautiful and easy to climb. We added a handrail for kid safety....and ours. He amazes me at how he can take my requests and voila, stairs are there. I like math and tried to draw these up for about an hour, it didn't take him quite so long. That guy knows how to build things.
The mess of baby gear, clean laundry, light saber, and stuff before the painting began.
The hall before the painting and cleaning. Lumber, tile for our bathroom remodel, and just general mess. It's hard to post the mess pictures, but, it's so glorious to see the transformation.