Thursday, May 15, 2008

40 Weeks and 1 Day

So the house is quiet, and I couldn't go back to bed. Pretty soon the boys will be waking up. We are all so excited for our baby, it's like Christmas Eve every night right now. I love all the things that they are saying, questions they're asking....... I especially love watching the baby move in my belly with them. Last night Ezra has hiccups and we could all watch him move around.

I thought I should post a picture of the LOVELY stairs that my sweet man built for our bed. I cannot tell you how much easier it is to go to bed, get up in the middle of the night, get down in the morning. Kevin did a terrific job on these stairs. I was really impressed with how he created them. A lot of times I'll draw pictures for him for projects around the house. Stairs were another thing all together. I spent about an hour trying to draw these ridiculous things up.....well I never did get them figured out. He had very little problem getting these done, measuring out the stairs....... They are really solid and so pretty to look at. They're made out of 3/4" ply and he just sealed them with some orange oil. The handrail is divine too. So props go out to Kevin, builder of stairs.

We're gonna work in the garden this afternoon. I will hopefully take some more pictures of our 40+ week adventures. I'm not in a hurry to make Ezra come at the point. I guess give me a couple more days until I'm certifiable. I long to see him and hold him in my arms.

We did think Tuesday night, our 13th annivesary, that we were going into labor...........just a practice round though. I am glad to not share our anniversary with our baby's birthday, but, it would have been nice to hold him. Instead we got to go home and one of us didn't sleep very well that night. It was good to experience some of the intensity that is due any time though.

Stay tuned!